Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Donate to Heifer International!

Hi All,

I'm not ready to start my blog yet, but I'm opening it temporarily in support of Nathan's annual Heifer International Fundraiser.   It's a wonderful organization, one that helps people strengthen their livelihood.  You can find out more about them here:

http://www.heifer.org/

And you can find out more about Nathan here: 

Nathan's blog 

(just in case you came here by accident.  Nathan has an absolutely terrific blog for writers.) 

For any comments, I'll donate 5 dollars to Heifer, and I'll keep this open through Christmas. 

If anyone comments, please say whatever you like, but if you want to include something nice you are doing for yourself this holiday seasion, that would be cool! 

Okay.  Thank you so much !  I hope you have a truly lovely and shining holiday!





Update:  Challenge is closed with a total of 17 comments (including mine :)  Which means $85 for Heifer!!  Thanks so much everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Hooray for Heifer! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Thanks so much for hosting this, Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on ya, Mira!

    This holiday season, I didn't let myself get quite as overscheduled as I have in the past. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heifer is great! Great job on participating. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jennifer! :)

    Glad things aren't too hectic for you!! Have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Gretchen! :)

    Happy Holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, Mira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your really lovely note. Go Heifer Go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mira, your blog is off to a good start by mentioning the Heifer International.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Or, you know, a goat. If it doesn't eat the chrysanthemums.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet of you to donate! It's a great cause.

    This Christmas, I am hosting our family dinner--which sounds like it would be more stressful than just attending a dinner, but I don't have to drive anywhere and I can just relax until people get here later. So it's my gift to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Anonymous! Happy Holidays to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. mkromd, I see your great blog name is your name! Awesome. :)

    Yay, Heifer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks historywriter, I think so too. :)

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Bryan! Wow - cool to see you, you're so nice to drop in.

    Important note to self: don't get both goats and flowers for Heifer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crystal - thank you! And a relaxing low stress Christmas dinner sounds great!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful way to open your blog! I realize the fundraiser is long over. ;) I'm just appreciating that you did it! A friend and I donated to Heifer Internat'l to buy chickens for a family way back in 2001. That was our way of responding to 9/11. It was indirect, yes. But we felt that by supporting a family in need, we would be supporting independence and interdependence and connection and livelihood. And the more of those things were in the world, the less room there would be for acts of destruction and desperation.

    ReplyDelete